-: RTI Complaint :-
RTI Act confers right to access to information held by a Public Authority on all Citizens. In case,you have been denied the access to information you may file Appeal / Complaint before the Tripura Information Commission (TIC).
When to file a Complaint
18 (1) Subject to the provisions of RTI Act, it shall be the duty of the Tripura Information Commission , the RTI to receive and inquire into a complaint from any person :
1. who has been unable to submit a request to a State Public Information Officer, either by reason that no such officer has been appointed under this Act, or because the State Assistant Public Information Officer, has refused to accept his or her application for information or appeal under this Act for forwarding the same to the State Public Information Officer or senior officer specified in sub-section (1) of section 19 or the State Information Commission, as the case may be;
2. who has been refused access to any information requested under this Act;
3. who has not been given a response to a request for information or access to information within the time limit specified under this Act;
4. who has been required to pay an amount of fee which he or she considers unreasonable;
5. who believes that he or she has been given incomplete, misleading or false information under this Act; and
6. in respect of any other matter relating to requesting or obtaining access to records under this Act.