19 (1) Any person who, does not receive a decision within the time specified in sub-section (1) or clause (a) of sub-section (3) of section 7, or is aggrieved by a decision of the State Public Information Officer, may within thirty days from the expiry of such period or from the receipt of such a decision prefer an appeal to such officer who is senior in rank to the State Public Information Officer as the case may be, in each public authority :
- Provided that such officer may admit the appeal after the expiry of the period of thirty days if he or she is satisfied that the appellant was prevented by sufficient cause from filing the appeal in time.
19 (2) Where an appeal is preferred against an order made by a State Public Information Officer, as the case may be, under section 11 to disclose third party information, the appeal by the concerned third party shall be made within thirty days from the date of the order.
19 (3) A second appeal against the decision under sub-section (1) shall lie within ninety days from the date on which the decision should have been made or was actually received, with the Tripura Information Commission :
- Provided that the Tripura Information Commission, may admit the appeal after the expiry of the period of ninety days if it is satisfied that the appellant was prevented by sufficient cause from filing the appeal in time.
19 (4) If the decision of the State Public Information Officer, against which an appeal is preferred relates to information of a third party, the Tripura Information Commission, shall give a reasonable opportunity of being heard to that third party.
19 (7) The decision of the Tripura Information Commission, shall be binding.
19 (8) In its decision, the Tripura Information Commission, has the power to
- require the public authority to take any such steps as may be necessary to secure compliance with the provisions of this Act, including
- by providing access to information, if so requested, in a particular form;
- by appointing a Central Public Information Officer or State Public Information Officer, as the case may be;
- by publishing certain information or categories of information;
- by making necessary changes to its practices in relation to the maintenance, management and destruction of records;
- by enhancing the provision of training on the right to information for its officials;
- by providing it with an annual report in compliance with clause (b) of sub-section (1) of section 4;
- require the public authority to compensate the complainant for any loss or other detriment suffered;
- impose any of the penalties provided under this Act;
- reject the application.
19 (9) The Tripura Information Commission, shall give notice of its decision, including any right of appeal, to the complainant and the public authority.
19 (10) The Tripura Information Commission, shall decide the appeal in accordance with such procedure as may be prescribed.